Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.irishgardenbirds.ie.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The information we gather from our customers is predominantly used to complete your orders but it can also to help us to improve our website and service (we always welcome feedback), to keep you informed about products, offers or simply update you to what’s going on in our gardens (via our email newsletter), to help maintain the security of our service and enable third parties to perform functions on our behalf (our couriers needs to know where to deliver your order and insist on a contact phone number, for instance).
Information you provide:
To fulfil your order and for internal analysis, we collect the following data:-
Your phone number
Your email address
Should the recipient of your order be someone other than yourself (a gift for instance), we’ll also gather their name and address so that we can deliver that order.
Other information may be collected should you provide it, through the Contact us form or via email for instance.
Information automatically collected:
The website will automatically collect information such as your session id, IP address or web browser capabilities.
Your session id is a simple set of letters and numbers that creates a unique identity code so the website can recognise you as you move around. Without this information it would not be possible to maintain the state of your shopping cart (it would empty out when you navigate from one page to another).
Your IP address and web browser information are used to help validate your session id. We may also use your web browser information to help tailor the appearance of the website to automatically take advantage of the features or limitations of your web browser.
To help us to keep our emails focused and relevant we may receive a notification whenever you open one of our emails.
We do not send random marketing emails to personal email addresses (spam).
How we use your information:
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully. We do not sell, or make available, your details to any third party for its own use.
• Payment gateways: payments on www.irishgardenbirds.ie are processed by Stripe.
• Couriers: as well as your name and address, your phone number will be printed on the parcel label so that you can be contacted should there be any problems with the delivery of your order and to ensure that your goods get to you as quickly as possible
• Analytical software: we use Google Analytics to collect non-personal, aggregate data about visitors to our website (such as web browser information, screen resolutions and so on) which helps us make improvements.
How we secure your information:
• We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt the information you send us
• We do not store any credit card or payment information; all payments are handled entirely by Stripe
• We maintain physical, procedural and electronic safeguards, including encrypting customer data held in our web database, to help keep your information private
However, you should be aware that, unless it is encrypted, information sent over the Internet (including by email) is not secure and can be routed through servers held in a number of different countries. For your security when entering personal details online you should therefore look for web pages that use SSL for encryption (they start with the prefix https://) and your web browser should display a padlock icon and the word Secure in the address bar.
Access and inaccuracies:
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you will be accurate and up-to-date. You can manage the information held by the website by logging into your account and you can contact us to check the information held in our back-office systems.
If you find any inaccuracies you’re unable to correct yourself, please contact us and we will correct or delete them.